Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Christmas Catapillar Clippie

Here is a Clippie that I saw searching Pinterest. I believe there was an Etsy shop selling them but they no longer sold them and I knew I could make it myself and I had all the supplies already in my craft room.

This can be changed up to be a Valentines Caterpillar or even a Halloween Caterpillar, just by changing the colors of the pom poms.

Heat seal the ends of your 4 inch's of 3/8 inch red with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon.

I believe if you wanted to use a red and white gingham ribbon you can or even a red and white stripe ribbon or even a red or white satin ribbon or grosgrain ribbon.  Just use what you have, red and/or white to give the Christmas feel.
This is how my alligator clip looks like after I have lined it.  My clip is just shy of 2 inches long.


 Arrange your pom pomp's the way you want them and start at the flat side of you clip. Add a small amount of hot glue to the bottom and hold down the pom pom for about a min.
 After the second pom pom is glued down you can add some antenna if you would like, just cut a 1 inch piece down the middle and heat seal the edges, I used tweezers so I wouldn't burn my fingers.
 Add the antenna to the second pom pom and then add the third one.

Add some google eyes and your done.  My google eyes are small like 1/2 cm.



 The odd thing about this clip is you have to push down his head to open the clip.  I may look for some different sized alligator clips or smaller pom pom's.  But its cute and different and Alexis thinks its cool.
















No comments:

Post a Comment