Friday, March 17, 2017

Rainbow Alligator Clip

Decided to make a Rainbow Alligator Hair Clip.

 I started off with 4 inches of 3/8 inch gross grain ribbon in Rainbow colors.

Using a alligator clip to hold them down while I glue the bottoms.
I flipped it over and lifted one at a time the ends in the center and added a small dab of glue.
 I then glued the bottoms down, one at a time.


 I trimmed and heat sealed the edges.
 I lined a Alligator clip with white 3/8 inch gross grain ribbon.

I added one side starting with the red then curved it over to give it the Rainbow curve.
 I cut anouther piece of white gross grain ribbon 3/8 inches wide and heat sealed one edge.

Glued it to the back.
 Glued and wrapped around to the front and glued to the back.
 I took a 4 inch piece of white gross grain ribbon in 3/8 inch wide and folded it in half.

It just made it easier to see the center, add a little bit of hot glue to the center and fold each side over to create bow loops.
 Take a scrap piece of white gross grain ribbon again the 3/8 inch wide and wrap around the center.

Hot Glue to the back.
 Adding some Hot Glue to the center of that bow and placing ontop in the middle/center of the Rainbow.

I added a clear sparkly gem from my stash with more Hot Glue to the center of that.
 I used some gold and yellow Vellum from my stash and a Stampin UP die to create the box.

I used more gold and yellow Vellum to create the tag using a Stamps of Life die and a circle punch with with card stock for the center.
The bow just slips inside.

This bow I started with the red again just a different outcome.

Feel free to try different folds just always start with the red.






Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
Target Store site http://www.target.com/

To visit my Clippies and Bows oh my Facebook Page click here https://www.facebook.com/ClippiesandBows/

No comments:

Post a Comment