Wednesday, December 30, 2015

How To: Line an Alligator Clip (2inches)

How To: Line an Alligator Clip (2inches)

Here is a step by step on how I line my 2 inch Alligator Clips for my daughters hair bows or hair clips however you like to call them.

 First measure your ribbon by wrapping it around the sized Alligator clip you will be using.

Grosgrain ribbon is preferred when you are lining Alligator clips.

This is a 3/8 inch white grosgrain ribbon purchased from Micheal's usually when they are on sale I stock up.
 You will need to cut it with a good pair of scissors that you only use for ribbon, I have tied a ribbon to these scissors so my family knows that these are only for ribbon and not paper or household things, this way your scissors will stay sharp.

After you cut your ribbon use a lighter to quickly seal the edges to prevent fraying.
 I have a couple inexpensive glue guns on hand and this is a low temp glue gun.

I also purchased an inexpensive stand for it as well which is ever so helpful.

Both purchased from my local Micheal's Arts and Crafts store.
 Hold your clip upside down and apply some glue in two spots one where my thumb is and the other to the far right.

See bottom picture.
 This is what it will look like.
 Flip over and add a small line of glue starting from the right and heading to where my pointer finger is.
It will look like this, then add two dots where the clip part is that opens and closes it.


Add glue to the left over part of the ribbon and put over the back of the clip.









Finished

Side View

When its opened.
There are many ways to line Alligator hair clips this is just how I do mine.

Micheal’s is where I purchase allot of my ribbon

their website is http://www.michaels.com/

To visit my Clippies and Bows oh my Facebook Page click here https://www.facebook.com/ClippiesandBows/



No comments:

Post a Comment