Wednesday, December 30, 2015

How To: Line a Barrette Clip (1 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2 inches)

How To: Line a Barrette Clip (1 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2 inches)

This is a step by on how I line my Barrette Clips for my daughters hair bows or hair clips, however you like to call them.

 These are the three sizes of Barrettes that I have.

1 1/2
2
2 1/2

Purchased at Hobby Lobby when they go on sale which is not often maybe one time a month.
 I have found for Barrettes its easier to leave the ribbon on the roll while lining the clips.

Start by using a lighter to seal the starting edge.
 This is flipped over, I added a small amount of hot glue to one side, the area with the hole near it.

See picture comparison.
 These are flipped the right way now, you will want to add glue along the top tell you get to the other hole on the right side.
 These are what they look like flipped over.
 This is what they look like the right way.
 You will want to cut and seal before gluing to the back of barrette.

Its about 1/4 of an inch extra grosgrain ribbon.

And you will put a small dab of glue over the hole and fold over.
Here is what it looks like from the back. 

Here is what it looks like from the front.


To visit my Clippies and Bows oh my Facebook Page click here https://www.facebook.com/ClippiesandBows/


Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale

Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm

I purchase my Barrettes and Alligator clips when they go on sale in their Jewelery section

Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/

I purchase most of my ribbon when it goes on sale, especially my plain colored 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment