Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Valentines Woven Heart (for Clips or Barrette)

I was looking threw Pinterest and saw a ton of those woven hearts to use for clips or barrettes but most were etsy store sites or just pictures no instructions so here is the HOW TO/DIY.

 Start off with the basics!

You will need a lined alligator clip or a lined barrette clip. ribbon scissors, glue gun, and a lighter.

Ribbon of choice.

This ribbon is from Micheal's their Celebrate it line.


Start off with two pieces of 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon cut at 3 1/2 inches long, this seems to be the right length and width of ribbon I have found.

You can also try a silk or stain ribbon also sized at 3/8 inch width.
 Don't forget to seal the edges with a lighter.

Take a dab of glue and position like you see the picture, to form a V, one ribbon on top of the other and make sure the edges are clean and lined up.
 Then take one of the free edges and fold to make a loop and add a small dab of glue and adhere it to the back of the other ribbon.

Making sure it lines up and its flush with the edges.
 This is what the back looks like after gluing it together.
Take the last loose ribbon and go under the loop and over the ribbon.

Its kinda tricky but add a small dab of glue and line up the edges.

I did this a few times tell I got it down.
 This is what the back looks like, that top/middle square part of the woven heart is not adhered I added a dab of glue to make it more sturdy.

I added a line of glue near the middle of the square of the woven heart on the back and attached to alligator clips and barrettes that I purchased from Hobby Lobby in their Jewelry Section.
Finished, the possibilities for color are endless.

Lexi modeling the barrette which is a 2 inch size.

Lexi modeling the alligator clip.

I made six total, two on alligator clips, 2 on 1 1/2 inch and 2 on 2 inch barrette clips.

To visit my Clippies and Bows oh my Facebook Page click here https://www.facebook.com/ClippiesandBows/

Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale

Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
The barrettes and alligator clips from the Jewelry section when they go on sale.

Micheal’s brand is called Recollections

their website is http://www.michaels.com/
Most of my ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment