Friday, June 10, 2016

4th of July Rolled Ribbon Rose Barrette

I was definitly in the mood for some red, white, and blue so I pulled out my My Favorite Things rolled rose die that I got a while back, it was a free with purchase die.

 Here I am testing out rolling the die using the felt I cut out with my big shot.

I use the Micheal's and Hobby Lobby brand and run it back and forth threw my machine about 8 times to get a nice clean cut.
 Using a bit of hot glue on the end I roll it up a few time.
 Add anouther small bit of hot glue and continue rolling.
 Again adding a bit more hot glue, I think I added a total of 4-5 small drops as I rolled the rose up.

I did this loosely and found it gave the best flower look.
 The bottom is a half circle and fits perfectly over the rolls and will give the final and perfect seal to hold all the rose layers together.
 Here is all three together.
 I lined a barrette clip with 3/8 inch white gross grain ribbon.
 I used two different lengths of barrette clips to match my daughters hair type.

I start with the white in the middle first to get a more accurate even look.
 For the white rose you just need hot glue on the bottom.

When you add the blue you will want to add some hot glue to one side and the bottom.
Same with the red rose a bit of hot glue on one of the sides and bottom.

Take your time to make sure you are glueing the right side.

If you hold the white petals flat you can fit the red and blue flower against it and get it lined up nicely.
SIDE VIEW

TOP VIEW.

To visit my Clippies and Bows oh my Facebook Page click here https://www.facebook.com/ClippiesandBows/


No comments:

Post a Comment