Saturday, September 3, 2016

Felt Sunflower Hair Barrettes

These Felt Sunflower hair barrettes are so quick and easy! They will take less then half hour to make and you will have six of them.  Some for your girls and maybe some for their friends or fellow family members.

I have a post on how to line Barrette clips, I am using 2 inch and 2.3 inch barrette clips.

I have made some cut holders for these Sunflower Felt clips CLICK HERE to see.

 When I saw these at Hobby Lobby I about jumped because #1 the size if perfect for a barrette clip and #2 there is only a tiny foam circle on the back that I have to remove.

Some felt pieces that have adhesive on the entire back do not work well for bow/clip makeing.
 I removed the foam circle from the back and choose two sized barrette clips and a nice 3/8 inch brown gross grain ribbon from my stash.


 The 2 inch barrette fits my Pivias fine hair perfectly, I needed 2 1/2 inches of gross grain ribbon.

The 2.3 inch barrette works well for Lexi thick hair, I needed 3 inches of gross grain ribbon.

Heat seal your edges.
 That foam was a little too stick, I got pretty much all of it off and not worried about whats left because the barrette will go over it.

I am adding a line of hot glue along the middle, basicly from stitch line to stitch line.
 I am holding it down for a little for the glue to set.

Do not worry about the oozing of hot glue, I wait about thirty seconds and then place my finger over and remove the excess, its not very painful.
 See there is the blob to the right of what I was able to remove and its more seamless and finished now.
Finished, top is the 2.3 and bottom is the 2 inch barrettes.
Some basic supplies I use I purchase from Hobby Lobby or Micheal’s with coupons or on sale
Hobby Lobby brand is called The Paper Studio
their website is http://www.hobbylobby.com/home.cfm
- I used there Fall Crafts Felt Sunflower Stickers Regular Price $2.99 for Six, I got them 50% off
- I use their Jewelry Shoppe Hair clips, Barrettes, and Alligator Clips - Buy when 50% off
Micheal’s brand is called Recollections
their website is http://www.michaels.com/
- Purchased my Glue Gun and refills
Target Store site http://www.target.com/


These ARE NOT affliate links, no way involved with these company’s, I just love their products. These are links to their stores.

To visit my Clippies and Bows oh my Facebook Page click here https://www.facebook.com/ClippiesandBows/

Any brown 3/8 inch gross grain ribbon will work

No comments:

Post a Comment